Sunday, November 17, 2013

Beck Spotify controversy | new album Morning Phase | health problems - Soundsblog.it (Blog)

Into

Into Morning Phase, on the twelfth studio album of Beck , will arrive in February 2014 as a few weeks ago, but the American singer-songwriter, while engaged in shaping the recordings that fans have been waiting for over five years, never missed an opportunity to intervene in the great debate on the general streaming music that animates a bit ‘of time artists from around the world .

Into Interviewed in Argentina where he went for the final evening of the Planeta Terra Festival, Beck has explained his personal vision of modern music industry, which he also belongs, revealing his personal astonishment for as much information and many artists, including famous and important, will be forgotten almost immediately in the tide of news every day:

in the music business are changing a lot, and also changes the way people listen to. [...] It seems to me that with other musicians we’re taking a little ‘time to try to adapt to this new environment, we are trying to decipher what all this means. [...]

level of enjoyment of music, the singer seems to agree with Thom Yorke : the services of streaming music are not very useful for artists, because they do not only fail to secure revenue for those who would like to live music, directing the investment industry towards ever-lower due to lack of money and then losing in quality, but most offer little sound recordings from the sound point of view.

Into The question is “how do I keep myself” because what I pay for Spotify is not even enough to pay the musicians who play with me, nor the people who work on the discs. In any case, this model does not work, because we can not imagine that people will help us to make records for free or costing less .. But it’s just the way it is done now that does not work, because someone will have to give way. If I had to make my records with what Spotify pays me, not them registrerei, I could not put other players under contract, I would not have those who burn … I do everything myself. What many people do already and it is very nice, but means creating a different type of music. [...] But I think the saddest thing is streaming its sound quality. I have spoken with many musicians and sound engineers of this, and when comparing the two is impressive: it is like looking “Citizen Kane” on the phone. This is what you are listening to the people!

Into Beck has also revealed to have been the victim of serious health problems before the recording of Morning Phase , which forced him to rest completely due to dangerous injuries spine, due to reasons that the singer has preferred not to specify.

Into I had some serious problems in the spine, but now it is getting better so I’m going back to the music. It ‘been a very long recovery, after I started to sound a bit’ guitar. I do not think I can move any more as before, although I can always offer a lot on stage.

Into Street | Page 12

Photo: Getty Images Into © – All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment